Role Title: Financial Specialist
Role Type: Full-time, Permanent
Role Close Date: 29th March, 2019
The Financial Specialist will provide end-to-end accounting services in compliance with the globally established policies and standard procedures in collaboration with in-market financial leadership.
- Provide accounting support for unapplied cash receipts (e.g., retainers, client trust funds, etc.) and/or fixed assets.
- Act as the process Subject Matter Expert by providing on-the-job training/technical support to new team members.
- Document processes including writing up desktop procedures.
- Exercise strong analytical skills and sound professional judgment in complex situations.
- Perform complex account reconciliations and resolve the reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Perform period-end activities in accordance with the financial close schedules and the established guidelines.
- Respond to in-market queries and post accounting adjustments as required.
- Provide support for internal and external financial and statutory audits.
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance or other Business discipline
- CPA or equivalent certification is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a relevant field (professional services firm and/or Shared Service Center is preferred)
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid understanding of GAAP, IFRS and general accounting principles
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Business proficiency in written and oral English