We are looking for a Legal Project Management Coordinator to join our highly-regarded team at Baker McKenzie, Belfast.
The Legal Project Management Coordinator, will support the Director, Global Pricing & Legal Project Management and the broader Legal Project Management (LPM) team in ongoing management of key client matters being supported and in key internal initiatives.
This position will provide valuable support to help drive improvements to overall Firm-wide profitability for those matters supported, support quality improvement and increase familiarization of adopting Legal Project Management approaches to the Firm's more significant matters.
The role's purpose is to specifically provide high quality support on a variety of matters supported by the Firm's dedicated Legal Project Management team. Matters supported will typically be multi-jurisdictional in nature and involve large Baker & McKenzie client teams and also to provide support for internal Legal Project Management team initiatives.
We are looking for someone to join the team who has a very strong work ethic and a genuine interest in working for a law firm.
The role’s key responsibilities will include:
Fee tracking and monitoring for supported client matters
- Budget monitoring, including the creation, update and analysis of financial reports, based on information from SAP, that are either client-facing or internal
- Co-ordination with the billing team to ensure that accurate financial reporting is being received.
- Preparing and managing client status reports in Excel as required, on behalf of the Global or Regional Legal Project Management team
Provide support for client team collaboration sites
- including the development (under initial supervision) and maintenance of client team specific and LPM-team specific collaboration sites (developed using MS SharePoint)
- Set up collaboration sites; supporting client team access, entering and updating content and data within document repositories, databases, calendar/events, action items, databases, etc.
Other client-specific activities
- Co-ordination and input into planning, process and other key Project Management template documents for a specific client matter
- Co-ordination with the BD team to provide Project Management support/assistance with pitches
General Legal Project Management Team Support
- Maintain and update internal sites for Firm and LPM team (e.g. internal BakerWorld site)
- Capture, document, and maintain relevant LPM case studies and metrics from Firm-wide Legal Project Management team (with an initial focus on Global and Regional resources)
- Support co-ordination of regular LPM calls and meetings, and disseminate materials as appropriate
- Contribute to the development of Legal Project Management-related assets as appropriate
- Assistance with the promotion of the Project Management function, this may include speaking to various PGs or sending emails etc.
Relevant undergraduate degree with 2.1 classification or above preferred.
2 years+ working experience
Consistently demonstrates administrative competencies to the highest level
Strong technical skills (experience with SharePoint an advantage)
Ability to manage large amounts of complex, imperfect data sets
Advanced in MS Office applications (Excel and Word essential)
Previous professional services sector experience preferred
Technical and Personal Skills:
Can-do attitude, highly self motivated & self starter
Ability to build empathy and trust
A positive team member and active contributor in a team environment
High level organisational skills and precise attention to detail
Robust - ability to bounce back when challenged
Excellent time management, written and verbal skills
Highly numerate. Competency in Excel. (for fees analysis and reporting)
Demonstrable interest in, and understanding of, fundamental project management concepts and of law firm / professional services project management approaches
Formal Project Management qualification (e.g. PRINCE2 or PMP) an advantage