The On-site Support Supervisor manages all procedures related to the identification, prioritisation, and resolution of end user requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of on-site IT support functions. The Supervisor will also contribute to problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users at the on-site IT support level.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
• Monitor daily workflow and workload of support team.
• Manage people or team related issues in consultation with Manager/Senior Manager.
• Provide ongoing performance feedback (and appraisals where required) for the support team.
• Analyse performance of support activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
• Manage the processing of incidents assigned to the On-site Support Team to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution.
• Ensure the business is informed about current technology issues.
• Collaborate with other IT functions to ensure efficient operation of the deskside computing environment.
• Enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
• Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes at the deskside support level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
• Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
• Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
• Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
• Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
• Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding deskside support problems.
• Moving and set up of desktop computers and peripherals.
• Answer to and perform moves, adds, and changes requests as they are submitted by line managers.
• Prepare tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance, then provide performance statistics and reports.
• Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
• Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
• Any other tasks and projects as required.
• Demonstrated experience in the supervision of a technical deskside support team.
• Excellent technical knowledge of desktop hardware.
• Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
• Extensive equipment support experience.
• Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
• Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
• Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation.
In cases where there are team members in more than one office occasional travel between the offices is expected.
In cases where support needs to be provided in languages other than English, proficiency in English is also required.
Flexibility to work on projects and tasks outside of business hours and in weekends to ensure minimal disruption to the business will be necessary from time to time.