Are you looking for a career in the law? If you are a legal graduate, legal professional, paralegal or legal assistant - we have a role for you.
Could you see yourself assisting lawyers around the world with projects for some of our largest, most exciting clients? As a Legal Professional at Baker McKenzie you will be working on litigation matters, investigations, M&A and transactional and multijurisdictional projects that are cross-border in nature, high value and complex. You will develop skills to deliver the highest quality service for our world-class clients across the globe.
Apply now, and take your career to the next level by joining a global law firm which is rapidly expanding its legal team in Belfast.
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. We have more offices in more locations than any other law firm, and most of our work has an international dimension. With 13,000 people in 47 countries, few other firms can claim to be so multi-national.
And, because we have no global head office, at the local level we can offer you the best of both worlds: the work, pride and experience of being part of one of the world's leading law firms but in a local office environment that is friendly and supportive. No matter what the role or level, our strategy is to encourage and support every Baker McKenzie person to fulfil their potential.
But it’s not ‘all work and no play’ – at Baker McKenzie Belfast we know that being brilliant also depends on having a well balanced approach. And so as well as working with every one of our firm’s global offices in more countries than any other law firm in the world and with some of the best known client names – you’ll have lots of fun along the way! Whether you’re a football fan and have heard about our Fluency Cup or you like to belt out a tune with our City Keys office choir – our sports and social scene is one of the most inclusive and varied you’ll find and is designed and driven by our own employees. We also know that being brilliant goes hand in hand with being kind – and our charity partnerships, CSR activities and pro-bono work are driven by the passion and care of our people here in Belfast. Don’t just take our word for it – check out our social media channels and see for yourself, find us on Facebook (Baker McKenzie - Belfast).
Essential Technical Requirements:
• Law graduate (2:1 or above preferred) with a minimum of 3 A-levels (ideally B grades and above).
• Ability to review, analyse and organise documentary and factual evidence.
• Strong attention to detail - gets it right first time.
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and online research tools.
Core Competencies of the role:
• High work standards.
• Excellent writing, organisational and problem-solving skills.
• Strong client service orientation.
• Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines and manage own caseload.
• Good communication skills, including the ability to liaise with people across the business
• Ability to work well in both a team and individually.
• Keen to develop and use initiative.
• Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm.