We are seeking corporate/commercial lawyers to join our highly-regarded team at Baker McKenzie Global Services, Belfast.
Baker McKenzie is the No. 1 Firm for cross-border deals according to Thomson Reuters. With more than 1,200 lawyers across 77 offices we complete a transaction somewhere in the world almost every working day. We work with a wide range of clients including PLCs, financial institutions and major multinational corporates. Our local legal and business knowledge, combined with our practiced fluency in cross-border transactions, makes us the first choice firm for the world's leading companies.
Our corporate/commercial team in Belfast through innovative services and methods assists our practising offices in achieving efficiencies and economies of scale within matters and transactions. In this role, you will be part of a team of lawyers supported by local project management personnel and legal sector specialists from many jurisdictions across the globe.
We are seeking NQs to join our growing corporate/commercial team and work on a wide variety of matters and gain experience in a wide range of areas. We are open as to whether you wish to specialise within a commercial field or undertake broader M&A work.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate all or the majority of the following:
• A qualified lawyer with excellent academic credentials (minimum 2:1)
• Previous experience in commercial or corporate/M&A, from a strong corporate/commercial firm
• Excellent writing skills and commercial approach
Technical & Personal Skills:
• Initiative and proactivity
• Maturity and gravitas
• Strong service orientation - a "client first" culture
• Ability to develop strong relationships within Baker McKenzie globally
• High work standards and a keenness to learn
• Flexible work practices
• Outstanding communication skills and the ability to adapt style as required
• Ability to work well in both a team and individually