Baker McKenzie is seeking a Recruiting Manager to reside in Dallas. The Recruiting Manager is responsible for managing all recruiting functions for the Dallas and Houston offices, including summer associate, new associate and lateral associate hiring. This is a hands-on position that requires the individual to provide proactive and reliable recruitment support in Texas and will collaborate with the NA Recruiting Director on recruitment initiatives and provide additional support on NA talent initiatives, as requested. The Recruiting Manager supervises a Recruiting Coordinator based in Houston.
The role requires a highly organized, detail-oriented individual with solid project management skills, strong client service orientation, with the ability to effectively interact professionally with lawyers, business professionals and candidates. Individual will possess excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to work cooperatively with team members across North America and solve problems independently. Routine travel to the Houston office will be required.
- Five to seven (5-7) or more years in legal recruiting, preferably in a legal services environment.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Ability to readily comprehend business objectives and correspondingly develop and execute appropriate strategies.
- Well-developed and sophisticated organization, communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to relate to and gain the confidence of people at all levels within an organization, as well as an ability to build strong relationships and work in a collaborative environment.
- Organized, detail-oriented individual with strong project management skills, and ability to work on multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- High level of discretion, diplomacy and a commitment to maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.
- Strong ability to lead, motivate and mentor staff, inclusive of diligently addressing performance concerns and resolving conflict.