We are looking for a Statutory Reporting & Analysis Manager to join our highly regarded team at Baker McKenzie, Global Services Belfast.
The purpose of the position is to:
• Support the statutory billing, accounting and reporting requirements of the Member Firm structure as it relates to the Service agreements.
• Develop and implement tools and processes to ensure accurate processing of global costs for statutory reporting and billing purposes.
• Develop and implement tools and processes to ensure the accurate statutory accounting for business events in special purpose and global entities.
• Liaise with other Global Finance teams on monthly processing and accounting issues.
• Liaise with GIS on system issue resolution.
• Provide leadership and training for staff.
• Coordination and supervision of projects and tasks for the staff in different time zones.
We are looking for someone to join the team who has a very strong work ethic and a genuine interest in working for a law firm.
• Relevant undergraduate degree (2:1 classification or above preferred)
• Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
• 6-10 years experience in a corporate financial management or professional services environment; law firm experience a plus
• Knowledge of financial systems (SAP preferred), and business applications and languages (Excel, Access, SQL)
• 2-3 years supervisory experience
Personal & Technical Skills:
• Understanding management reporting, statutory reporting and interfirm billing processes.
• Very Strong understanding of general accounting principles.
• Strong leadership and project management skills
• Flexibility with regards to changing priorities.
• Time management and organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently with supervisor and staff in a different location.