We are looking for two Directories Coordinators to join our dedicated Legal Directories team at Baker McKenzie Global Services, Belfast. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team that help coordinate Baker McKenzie's directory submissions to Chambers and Legal 500 globally.
Chambers and Legal 500 directory submissions are extensive written documents which highlight the firm's work over the past 12-months. Both Chambers and Legal 500 rank firms and individual lawyers, these rankings are the most widely used and easy to access resources of the legal market. Clients use Legal directories as an important benchmarking tool to find the right lawyer or law firm for their legal expertise in unfamiliar practice areas and/or jurisdictions. Potential lateral hires, recruiters also use directories to inform them about a particular market.
As a firm we make a large number of English language submissions each year to Chambers and Legal 500. It is therefore essential that we do it in the most efficient way and ensure best practice is followed.
The successful applicant will join the central dedicated Legal Directories Service team in Belfast to increase efficiency and apply best practice across all submissions so that the Firm achieves better outcomes, produce higher-quality, more consistent directory submissions more efficiently.
We are looking for a highly organised individual with a strong work ethic and a genuine interest in professional services marketing and in working for a global law firm. An enthusiastic, proactive person, with great team spirit and a passion for dealing with people will succeed in this role. This is a global role that will involve travel and who will be working primarily with teams located outside of Belfast. It is also an exciting opportunity to become a key point of contact for some of the most important people in the firm.
• Bachelor's or Masters Degree in a related discipline, (2.1 or above preferred).
• 1+ years experience in an admin related role.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
• Experience working in Professional Services preferred.
• Some familiarity with legal directories and/or evidence of project and process management skills preferred.
• Good communication skills are essential.
Technical & Personal Skills:
• Good writing and organisational skills.
• A strong desire to work in professional services marketing.
• Enthusiasm for working with colleagues in many countries and cultures.
• Able to build credibility and develop a strong internal network
• Able to work as part of a local and virtual team.
• A strong work ethic.
• Proactive and uses own initiative.