We are looking for an Accountant to join our highly regarded team at Baker McKenzie Global Services, Belfast.
We are looking for someone to join the team who has a very strong work ethic and a genuine interest in process improvements and working for a law firm.
The successful candidate will manage on a day to day basis the accounting for all inter firm invoicing and payment transactions processed via Baker & McKenzie International BV (BMI BV) and Fairmont International BV (FI BV)
This encompasses interfirm (IF) billing, interfirm loans and global capital contributions. It also includes being responsible for the preparation of monthly VAT returns and Balance Sheet/P&L reconciliation files for the above legal entities.
- Undergraduate degree in related disciple (2.1 or above preferred)
A newly qualified accountant, or someone with equivalent experience;
2+ years experience within a finance role;
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Excel;
Experience of using an accounting package
Strong accounting skills and an ability to crystalize problems and offer solutions.
Technical & Personal Skills:
- Broad knowledge of Finance practices
- International experience including working for a multi-national and cross-cultural exposure preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A motivated and driven individual
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both independently, remotely and within a team environment
- Commitment to perform responsibilities within high professional and ethical standards.
- Drive and ambition to learn and to be part of a team
- A self-starter and is not reluctant to ask questions or suggest improvements
- Can prioritise; able to work well under pressure and multi-task to meet targets and tight deadlines.
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and flexible approach
- Initial International travel will be required