We are looking for a PSL - Global M&A (Maternity Cover) to join our highly-regarded team at Baker McKenzie Global Services, Belfast.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing and executing legal content projects, training and knowledge initiatives for the GPG as directed by the DKM. The key area of focus is to make first-class knowhow easily available to the GPG lawyers with the aim of increasing the quality, consistency and/or cost-effectiveness of the advice that the Firm gives to its clients.
We are looking for someone to join the team who has a very strong work ethic and a genuine interest in working in this area of law.
Job Holder Requirements
- Current license to practice law (or eligibility for one)
- At least 2-5 years' relevant post qualification experience
- First class drafting and communication skills
- Experience developing and delivering legal training
- Experience and understanding of KM strategy and implementation
- A high degree of competence in Microsoft Office and other relevant software products (e.g., document management systems and databases) is desirable
- Authorised to work in the United Kingdom.
Personal & Technical Skills:
Work and Approach
- Consistently produces work of an outstanding quality.
- Effectively prioritizes and manages own time.
- Highly developed organizational ability, sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Is self-initiating and takes a pro-active approach towards projects; seeks direction and advice as needed but is also prepared to take ownership and progress tasks independently.
- Willingness to travel to key meetings of the GPG.
- Able to work under pressure and remain focused.
- Leverages available resources.
- Interested in the law, KM, and the use of technology in effective knowledge sharing.
- Responds promptly to firm-wide requests for work product, expertise, training materials and other information.
- Able to communicate (written and verbal) effectively and clearly in a multi-cultural environment.
- Builds credibility and strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Works well in a virtual team setting.
- Works effectively within a large, matrix organizational structure with multiple reporting lines to accomplish organizational goals.
- Contributes to discussion and accepts the consensus.
- Understands and promotes connections between other practice/industry groups, BD, Global Information Services, Global Services Belfast, Global Services Manila, library services, Talent
- Management and other departments.