Department: Marketing & Communications; Business Development
Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Marketing & Communication Director
- Business Development Manager
Purpose of Position: The goal of the position is to manage, maintain and input quality client data into our existing CRM software, which will be used to analyze leads, improve client engagement and profitability of the Tokyo Office.
Accountabilities and Main Duties:
- Configuration, enhancement, maintenance, and support of the Firm's CRM software and related applications through best practices.
- Maintain the CRM platform structure and architecture ensuring it works seamlessly across the office and captures all required information at key points of the client.
- Work closely with all Practice groups to ensure the CRM works effectively for all aspects of the office.
- Ensuring the database is segmented effectively for targeted marketing activities.
- Developing testing strategies for all aspects of the CRM to ensure the most effective approach for the office.
- Analyze client data to understand firm’s client profiles and build major KPIs for CRM actions by using CRM-related IT tools, co-working with related departments/Practice Groups.
- Ensuring the database is segmented effectively for targeted marketing activities
About Baker McKenzie: Baker McKenzie defined the global law firm of the 20th century and is redefining it to meet the needs of the global economy of the 21st century. Baker McKenzie is one of the leading and largest international law firms. We provide dedicated legal services to multinational companies and domestic corporations doing business in the region and internationally. With our diverse capabilities and experience, we partner with our clients to manage risks and seize opportunities in today’s complex, ever changing global economy through strategic advice, innovative approaches and practical solutions.
- 3+ years of experience in retention, marketing automation or CRM management
- Strong understanding of data and analytic principles, identifying market trends and direct marketing activity
- Expert knowledge of Customer Relationship Management and the development and understanding of management analytics
- Experience in working effectively with multiple interfaces and across different departments
- Project management skills, multi-tasking
- Ability to understand and decipher various firm projects and the objectives behind the initiatives
- A strong focus on attention to detail, and a perfectionist approach to data maintenance
- Working knowledge of HTML, PHP, Mysql a plus
- A quick learner, thinker and executor
Attitude and Approach
- Consistently demonstrates a positive attitude and approach
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and dedication
- A positive and cheerful attitude toward co-workers, with good management skills
- Detail-oriented and good project management skills with the ability to execute initiatives on a timely and effective basis
- Must understand the legal industry, and be a quick learner with any new projects, software, assignments and ideas
- Focuses on the needs of internal and external clients/contacts where relevant
- Builds relationships with stakeholders
- Maintains a courteous and professional manner in all dealings
- Able to communicate (written and verbal) effectively and clearly
- Able to present information concisely and professionally
- Deals with sensitive information in an appropriate manner
- Contributes to the effective functioning of the team
- English language essential
- A strong understanding of Japanese culture and language