We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our highly-regarded Legal Project Management team at Baker McKenzie Global Services, Belfast.
The Business Analyst works as a fully-integrated member of the Legal Project Management team, but will have a particular focus on data analysis and collaboration technologies. Thus, the successful candidate will be involved in a range of client- and Partner-facing project management activities, while also acting as a subject matter expert in reporting (e.g. Excel, Tableau), document automation / management, and collaboration (SharePoint) within the team.
The role will be responsible for providing Partners, other fee-earners, and clients with the information, coordination, and bespoke solutions necessary for the success of our larger legal matters, which regularly span dozens of jurisdictions, and involve hundreds of timekeepers. Additionally, the role holder will work closely with internal teams - particularly Finance and IT - to ensure a quality, joined-up service, on both an office and global level
Even while working on specific matters, the Business Analyst will contribute more broadly to the office and wider Firm strategy, which is focused on growth, effective use of technology, and financial performance improvement. This is a unique opportunity to implement significant change, by focusing on process innovation and strategic use of technology, to increase efficiency and improve service delivery.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a professional service, technology or financial institution. (While the successful applicant will be working on legal matters, we are not necessarily looking for someone with a legal background.) They will be a commercial, strategic and analytical operator. They will be asked to regularly report and translate financial data into insights through commercial financial analysis and critical evaluation.
The successful candidate will be a highly intelligent individual with a keen interest in the using technology to make processes more efficient, to provide insight, and to coordinate large, multi-jurisdictional projects
Previous exposure to working across multiple cultures and time zones will be beneficial, ideally within a large professional services organisation.
We are looking for someone to join the team who has a very strong work ethic and a genuine interest in working for a law firm.
• Bachelor's or Masters Degree in a Business, Economics, Finance, IT or related disciplines.
• 3+ years experience of analysis and research and/or project management experience, preferably within a professional services firm
• Excellence in MS Excel; high-level proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
Technical & Personal Skills:
• Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to manipulate and interpret data and present findings in a concise manner
• First class communication verbally, in writing, and through visual media
• High-level numeracy
• Scrupulous attention to detail
• International outlook and experience
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritises work effectively
• Mature and credible, builds effective relationships with, and commands the respect of, colleagues
• Responsive and willing to work flexibly given the need to work globally across time zones.
• Prior experience with Tableau, SAP HANA/Netweaver, VBA (Macros) or other coding languages, and/or SQL database knowledge is a plus