The on-site analyst role is to ensure the proper functioning of personal computing and office technology so that end users can most efficiently and effectively accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritising, documenting, and actively resolving customer requests and escalations from the Service Desk. Problem resolution will involve the use of incident management tools, as well as hands-on support at the on-site level.
- Perform hands-on fixes, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, managing mobile devices, implementing file backups, and configuring applications.
- Owns and drives issues to resolution including escalation to specialized resources within the broader IT organization. Remains engaged on issues until resolution.
- Provide Tier 2 technical support for client facilities such as video conferencing and audio conferencing services.
- Lead, coordinate and participate in improvements as they relate to the on-site IT environment.
- Serves as an advocate for the organization’s information security management system. Assists customers to work efficiently within the ISMS framework.
- Test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to customer requests.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyse trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Field incoming requests from customers via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Build rapport with customers.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Prioritize and escalate problems (when required).
- Record, track, and document problem-solving processes, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Understands the essential responsibilities of the position and works to continuously to build and improve the skills necessary to be proficient in the role.
- Serves as a back up to other IT Support Analysts (both local & remote) as needed.
- Serves as lead Audio Visual SME for live meetings and events held onsite or at remote locations as requested.
- Supports operates and maintains AV equipment for live meetings and events.
- Provides support and demonstrates expert knowledge for online webinar tools and applications.
- Conducts new hire training when requested.
Key Performance Areas
- Effective communication with Managers and IT staff.
- Provide high quality customer service to all staff.
- Responsiveness and reliability for driving issues to resolution.
- End user satisfaction with the outcome and the manner in which it was delivered.
- Strong understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Deep understanding of how the various work groups in the organization use technology in their day-to-day work.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and asking probing questions as appropriate.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Ability to represent and advocate for both the policies and procedures of the IT organization the end users’ perspective.
- Consistently demonstrates a positive attitude and approach.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and dedication.
- Consistently displays initiative by proactively providing solutions and driving long term objectives toward completion.
- Demonstrates empathy and focuses on the needs of internal and external clients/contacts where relevant.
- Focuses on what can be done. When a problem exists, suggest a solution.
- Builds relationships with stakeholders.
- Maintains a courteous and professional manner in all dealings.
- Experience in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field for 3 to 5 years.
- Microsoft MCP desired or other appropriate certification.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware, including Dell workstations and laptops.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows.
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office.
- Proven track record of working under Service Level Agreements and a Service Desk framework.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.