We are looking for experienced Data Privacy Specialist to join our highly-regarded team at Baker McKenzie in Belfast.
Within this role you will be responsible for supporting and implementing all aspects of the global data protection compliance strategy and advising on legal matters surrounding data protection/privacy with appropriate input from local office support.
• Own and keep under constant review all the firm’s global data protection compliance arrangements to include updating policies and guidance, centralising processes and putting in place robust, time-bound remedial plans where necessary.
• Develop and maintain relevant global internal data privacy policies and training.
• Inform and advise the global firm on the Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and its requirements, liaising with local support as required. Serving as a subject matter expert and developing and implementing a robust compliance plan.
• Partner with all key business areas, in particular the IT Security team, to ensure data privacy issues are considered at the outset of new projects, products and initiatives
• Act as a liaison to the firm's Global Risk Committee in relation to global data privacy issues.
• Help manage the data privacy network across all global offices.
• Handle enquiries and issues relating to data privacy practices, withdrawal of consent, the right to be forgotten, and related rights.
• Monitor the industry landscape to keep visibility on evolutions, trends, and best practices related to Data Privacy.
• Ensure that systematic compliance audits are undertaken and that their findings are reported and acted upon.
• A qualified lawyer with excellent academics credentials (minimum 2:1)
• Demonstrate deep knowledge of data privacy, data handling and data classification.
• Demonstrate experience of managing data privacy issues in a global organisation.
• Expertise in global and European data protection laws and practices and an in-depth understanding of the GDPR.
• Capable of conducting data privacy compliance reviews and audits.
• Have the ability to develop awareness and communications at all levels within the global firm.
• Ability to review, analyse and organise documentary and factual evidence.
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and online research tools.
Technical & Personal Skills:
• High work standards.
• Excellent writing, organisational and problem solving skills.
• Strong client service orientation.
• Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines and manage own caseload.
• Good communication skills, including the ability to liaise with people across the business
• Ability to work well in both a team and individually.
• Keen to develop and use initiative.
• Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm.