The Business Development (BD) Senior Executive/ Manager will be the first point of contact for the Business Development, Marketing and Communications (BDMC) enquiries in Ho Chi Minh City office, execute on business development and marketing initiatives for the Vietnam offices and work with partners in Vietnam to implement country strategy and business plans in order to increase revenues and profitability for the firm.
The successful candidate will work closely with the wider BDMC team in Asia. Although this is predominantly a Vietnam focused role, the nature of how the BDMC team operates in Asia means that an international and collaborative mindset is imperative.
- Prepare, coordinate and finalize pitches and capability statements for clients, working with a lead Manager or Partner, coordinating input from other contributors and giving input into cross-border pitches as required;
- Regularly update pitch collateral, ensure promotional pitch data is up to date and fit for use for the Vietnam offices;
- Regularly engage with business associations/ communities such as Amcham and Eurocham, including attending key networking events and liaison regarding collaboration opportunities;
- Assist in coordination of events such as internal trainings, internal meetings, client conferences, client visits and sponsored events as required;
- Prepare, coordinate and finalize key legal directory and awards submissions, coordinating and preparing Partners for interviews;
- Undertake research and provide business, industry, client and competitor intelligence and analysis on a regular basis;
- Assist with tracking and reporting of BD activities;
- Prepare reports or summaries regarding BD activities and performance;
- Prepare deal summaries and profiles for external profiling and reporting;
- Prepare marketing collateral as requested;
- Support the development and implementation of specific business and client plans;
- Support the Partners on marketing and business development strategies as requested, to assist with client relationship management, client acquisition and profile raising;
- Support on Vietnam key clients and work with the core client teams to develop and strengthen the client relationships.
- Build a personal profile, visibility, credibility and influence with Partners and identify opportunities to promote the BD function, its expertise and capabilities;
- Build cooperative working relationships with BDMC colleagues across the region and contribute to team initiatives and maximize the BD function’s effectiveness;
- Foster and maintain good working relationships with all key internal stakeholders.
- Database management – Create, maintain and work with lawyer teams to update membership lists, client contacts, mailing lists, deals database and so forth;
- Report to relevant Partners and team members on the progress of relevant BD initiatives;
- Organize and coordinate appropriate meetings and conference calls as required, with full responsibility for arranging supporting materials, following up on BD actions and administrative preparation for the relevant practice groups;
- Deal with financial issues for the practice group relating to BDMC, i.e. payment of accounts.
Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Attributes
Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree (Bachelor or higher) preferably in business administration, sales or marketing;
- At least five years of experience working in a professional services or financial services environment;
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English and the confidence to communicate well in a multi-cultural, multi-level environment. Vietnamese language skills are advantageous.
- High level of commercial acumen and strong analytical skills;
- Ability to influence and negotiate with the Partners to achieve objectives;
- Ability to re-adjust and re-organize plans and priorities due to last minute changes;
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to react quickly to resolve issues.
- Consistently produces quality work and pays close attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task and work on a variety of projects at the same time under pressure;
- A self-starter who is able to demonstrate a proactive and positive attitude to their work;
- Takes personal responsibility for tasks;
- Ability to build a personal profile, ensure visibility, work with credibility and influence with the Partners and internal colleagues to promote the BD function, its expertise and capabilities;
- Is savvy in understanding and adapting to the expectations and needs of different cultures within the Firm;
- Ability to work with all levels of stakeholders and professionals in an organization both in person and remotely;
- Maintains a courteous and professional manner in all dealings.