This position is the finance business partner and advisor to office management team. The main responsibilities include:
- Work with appropriate regional resources to ensure that the office is compliant with all local tax and statutory requirements as it relates to accounting procedures, vendor payments and other local obligations.
- Lead and manage the accounting team in HCMC, ensuring day-to-day accounting, payrolls and accounts payable activities are managed within timelines.
- Coordinate month-end / year-end financial close activities and provide support for internal /external audits as necessary.
- Handle all tax filings and regular tax audits.
- Provide support on the office budgeting / forecasting process.
- Responsible for implementing global / regional initiatives in consultation with the Global Process Owners and regional financial controller.
- Liaise with bankers, auditors, tax officers and relevant government officials on accounting, tax and other regulatory matters.
- Ensure all team members are proficient in technical and soft skills, and provide ongoing support, training, and coaching as necessary. Identify training gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Support office leaders on ad-hoc projects.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- ACCA, CPA or equivalent qualification.
- Certificate of Chief Accountant training.
- 12+ years of working experience with 5+ years in managerial position.
- Solid working knowledge in Vietnam accounting principles and laws and tax laws.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of SAP Financial Management System and Sage 500 Accounting is an advantage.