Tax Internship Programme for Year 1 Law Students
Who we are
As trusted tax counsel to leading multinational companies for more than five decades, our Baker McKenzie's Global Tax Practice is one of the most highly regarded tax groups in the world. Ranked Band 1 by Chambers Global for our work in the US, Europe, Latin America and Asia Pacific, clients and industry peers recognize the high quality of the tax advice we provide in transactions worldwide, as well as in global tax policy, transfer pricing, indirect taxes, dispute resolution and wealth management matters.
With 950 tax practitioners — lawyers, economists and advisers — in more than 40 countries, we collaborate across borders and specialties to stay abreast of changing tax laws, practices and dispute resolution techniques around the world. Our unsurpassed global coverage enables us to help clients design, implement and defend tax strategies for their international operations and transactions everywhere they operate.
What we offer
The two-week vacation programme is exclusively offered to first year law students who will be provided with:
- an introduction to our Tax Practice Group and the type of work we undertake, both in Singapore and elsewhere;
- an opportunity to learn directly from leading tax lawyers in the industry
- a commercial perspective, to complement your legal education; and
- practical skills in the practice of tax law to help you further your career.
- You will be assigned an individual Associate mentor and a Partner from the Tax Practice Group and will be provided with learning sessions covering Singapore Tax and International Tax Planning,
- Tax Controversies, Wealth Management, Indirect Tax, International Trade and Tax Diagnostics.
Our Tax Internship Programme will take place on 22 July - 2 August 2024.
Applications are open from 18 December 2023 until 17 February 2024.