Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the lawyers on a range of financial services matters within the Financial Services Practice Group.
These will include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting lawyers on regulatory and compliance matters, including drafting and advising on compliance manuals and compliance processes for financial institutions.
- Registration of funds with the MAS, including restricted schemes and retail funds.
- Assisting with licence applications, exemptions and other filings to the MAS.
- Performing and assisting to coordinate due diligence on financial institutions.
Candidate Qualifications and Experience:
- Ideally one to two years' of relevant experience in a legal, compliance, audit or related professional services environment;
- The successful candidate is not required to have any specific legal knowledge; training will be provided
- An appropriate tertiary qualification (likely to be in law, compliance, management or accounting).
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written) and the confidence to communicate well in a multi-cultural, multi-level environment;
- Strong file management, research and drafting skills;
- Consistently produces quality work and pays close attention to detail;
- Able to multi-task and work on a variety of projects at the same time;
- Maintains a courteous and professional manner in all dealings;
- Self-starter who is able to demonstrate a proactive and positive attitude to their work; and
- Contributes to the effective functioning of the team.