To make first-class knowledge easily available to Banking & Finance ("B&F") lawyers, increasing the quality, consistency and/or cost-effectiveness of the advice that Baker McKenzie gives its clients. Including:
- Precedents. Draft, develop and automate B&F precedents.
- Work product. Collect and input the group's work product into the firm's global repository of knowledge and populate global, multi-jurisdictional databases and resources.
- B&F skills training. Prepare, support and deliver training programs and develop training materials that are aligned with the firm's training strategy.
- Advice and Current Awareness. Support the B&F practice with legal expertise on an as-needed basis including regularly drafting alerts on legal and market/deal developments and acting as editor/writer/researcher of the firm's publications.
- Business development/thought leadership/profile. Assist in the development of thought leadership initiatives, drafting articles and legal content for proposals or other business development resources.
- KM strategy. Assist in development and implementation of the group's knowledge plan in line with the firm's knowledge strategy; support, implement and communicate the firm's knowledge strategy to the group and actively participate in the firm's knowledge projects and initiatives.
- Relationship building. Build relationships with key stakeholders in the Asia Pacific region and build greater KM community connections in the Asia Pacific region and globally.
Operational enhancements. Improve efficiency and quality of the delivery of our B&F legal services. Actively contribute to operational enhancement initiatives, particularly with respect to offshore service centers/alternative timekeepers, integrated use of project managers and other technology tools.
- Operational enhancements. Improve efficiency and quality of the delivery of our B&F legal services. Actively contribute to operational enhancement initiatives, particularly with respect to offshore service centers/alternative timekeepers, integrated use of project managers and other technology tools.
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Law degree
- Current license to practice law (or eligibility for one); preferably admitted in a Commonwealth jurisdiction
- At least five years’ post-qualification experience as a practicing lawyer with direct involvement in B&F transactions, particularly cross-border B&F
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written) and the confidence to communicate in a multi-cultural, multi-level environment
- Experience working directly with senior counterparts on strategy and execution
- Excellent time management and organizing skills; ability to prioritise and manage time to meet deadlines
- Strong word processing and spreadsheet skills
- Experience in or willingness to learn document automation and other legal tech
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative and is self reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve outcomes that are mutually satisfactory; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion