Baker & McKenzie is currently looking for an Intellectual Property Paralegal to assist the lawyers on a range of IPTech matters within the practice group.
These will include (but are not limited to):
- Managing trademark registration portfolios:
- Preparing costs estimates;
- Conducting searches;
- Filing new applications in Singapore and International Applications under the Madrid Protocol, including drafting specification;
- Advising on strategies and courses of action available to clients;
- Advising on office actions and drafting submissions;
- Handling legal related queries; and
- Coordinating global trademark filings.
- Assisting with recordal projects, opposition matters, IP due diligence exercise, opposition matters, etc.
- Time entry and billing.
- Assisting with business development, knowledge and innovation initiatives for the IPTech practice group
Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification / experience or Diploma in Law
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Self-starter who is able to demonstrate a proactive and positive attitude to their work
- Comfortable working across multiple cultures and time zones
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude and team spirit
- High degree of attention to detail and excellent project management skills
- Contributes to the effective functioning of the team.