About The Role
Responsible for assisting the lawyers on client corporate transactions and corporate actions. These will include (but are not limited to):
- Reviewing of documents and assisting in finalization of negotiated documents
- Project management of corporate transactions across multiple jurisdictions including issuing instructions, vetting responses, overseeing completion of work and attending to follow up client queries
- Drafting inter-company agreements, resolutions, consents and other transaction documentation
- Performing and assisting to coordinate due diligence on an ad-hoc basis
- Providing research assistance. e.g. to undertake background legal research or check registration status for a matter
- Preparing client reports and, where required, client pitches and training materials
About The Candidate
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Self-starter who is able to demonstrate a proactive and positive attitude to their work
- Comfortable working across multiple cultures and time zones
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude and team spirit
- High degree of attention to detail and excellent project management skills
- Contributes to the effective functioning of the team.
About Baker McKenzie
Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organisation, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people -- regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age -- to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.