The role is performed in conjunction with (i) the local relationship partners who lead each local target; (ii) the BDMC Director and APAC Regional Senior Client Manager in terms of alignment of the regional program; and (iii) local in-market BD team in terms of training and support. It is a management- facing role that involves driving business development in line with the goals of the local office and local client program plans.
- Strategic oversight of the local client programs - selection of clients; performance reviews; budgets; client planning; and ensuring alignment, where appropriate, with the AP client program
- Oversight of the smooth and efficient delivery of support to the local client teams in line with agreed global standards and protocols.
- Coach and mentor in-market BD teams on core CRM activities
- Management of one to two key local clients as identified with the Client Director
- Coach client team partners and other partners and lawyers on pursuits, networking and day-to-day business development activities
- Prepare external and internal client reports, presentations and communications, including some data analysis
- Provide ad hoc support to deliver strategic client deliverables in conjunction with in-market BD colleagues
- Being the primary client reviewer for the local key clients, be the key point of contact for conducting reviews and act as an independent conduit between clients and the relationship partners
- Act as the key point of contact for internal queries
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters or other qualifications focusing on Marketing, Communications, Sales or related commercial subjects is preferred
- Significant experience working in a professional services or financial services environment, with strong experience in a Client Relationship Manager role
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills and outstanding attention to detail
- A high level of commercial acumen and strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to successfully manage key internal and external relationships and projects across the global organization
- Savvy in understanding and adapting to the expectations and the needs of different cultures across the Firm
- Ability to readjust and reorganize plans and deal and manage change
These personal qualities represent the shared characteristics of high performers across Baker McKenzie, regardless of job level and location.
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative and is self reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve outcomes that are mutually satisfactory; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion.