About Baker McKenzie
Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instil confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organisation, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.
About the role
To develop and execute business development and marketing initiatives for the transactional groups in the Singapore office, working with executives to cover the BDMC requirements for M&A, Finance & Projects, Capital Markets, Financial Services and Real Estate. Working closely with BDMC colleagues managing the transactional groups in the JAO and in AP, ensuring the delivery of day-to-day services.
- Help develop and oversee delivery of BDMC plans across the Transactional Practice Groups, to be aligned with the regional and global strategy but fine-tuned for AP market needs and dynamics; set and execute the strategic market-focused direction for the Groups with fee earners
- Develop, define and disseminate clear positioning and messaging for the Groups in line with the global groups and aligned with the Firm branding and communications plans with the goal of achieving high rankings in each AP market and strong brand recognition
- Ensure Singapore and cross-border pitches and proposals for the Groups are delivered at a high level of quality and strategic input
- Team with lawyers and BDMC staff around the world to market the services and expertise of the Groups in AP, through the development and deployment of thought leadership content, market leading events, sponsorships and other profile-raising activities
- Monitor and spot forward-looking Group issues and trends and translate their legal impact to clients and lawyers in a commercial way for impacting strategy, business plans and their execution
- Manage and co-ordinate initiatives with BDMC teams, setting high standards and values, and embedding shared values of collaboration, market-leading intelligence and client service across the team
- Work and co-ordinate with Industry Key Client (IKC) and Regional Client Managers in the Expert BDMC function to drive key account management and client relationships with strategic accounts
- Partner closely with other Expert functions (Key Client management, Marketing & Campaigns and Communications, Pitch Excellence & Pursuits, Pricing Excellence etc.) to ensure the Group's media engagement, proposal preparation and pitch training for attorneys, pricing options and alternative fee arrangements strategies align with the requirements of the business as well as global best practice
- Work with our BDMC End-to-End Services teams and Expert functions (Marketing Services; Directories, Awards and League Tables; Event Management; others) around production needs including proposal and communications templates; marketing material, campaigns and channels; roll-out of branding communications and advertising; managing submissions for awards, league tables and directories; and event requirements
- Lead on the development and execution of 1-2 key cross-border and cross-practice regional initiatives, in line with the JAO and AP Business Plan or strategic priorities
Candidate's technical skills, qualifications and experience
To apply please click this link.