The BD & Marketing Assistant Manager / Senior Executive will execute on business development and marketing initiatives for the relevant practice groups and work with partners to implement strategy and business plans in order to increase revenues and profitability of client relationships.
This individual is to be the first point of contact for the relevant practice groups in Singapore and will work closely with other colleagues responsible for those practice groups in other offices - particularly those in Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Hong Kong and China.
Business Development and Marketing
- Prepare, coordinate and finalise pitches and capability statements - working with a lead manager or partner and coordinating input from other contributors.
- Regularly updating pitch clauses and ensure promotional pitch data is up to date and fit for use.
- Assist in coordination of events such as internal trainings, internal meetings, client conferences, client visits and sponsored events for the practice groups as required.
- Undertake research and provide business, industry, client and competitor intelligence and analysis on a regular basis.
- Assist with tracking and reporting of BD activities and developments.
- Deal collection and preparation of deal summaries for the purposes of proposals and legal directories, as well as assist with the putting together directory submissions for the purposes of legal rankings, legal award submissions and so forth.
- Prepare reports or summaries regarding BD activities and performance.
- Prepare deal summaries and profiles for external profiling and reporting .
- Prepare marketing collateral as requested such as legal update, client alerts, newsletters, other promotional materials as required.
- Support the development and implementation of specific business development and client plans.
- Support individual partners on marketing and business development strategies as requested, to assist with client relationship management, client acquisition and profile raising.
- Any other ad hoc requirements for the BDMC function
- Build a personal profile, visibility, credibility and influence with partners and identify opportunities to promote the BD function, its expertise and capabilities
- Build cooperative working relationships with BDMC colleagues across the region and contribute to team initiatives and maximize the BD function’s effectiveness
- Foster and maintain good working relationships with all key internal stakeholders
- Database management – creating, maintaining and working with practice group teams to update membership lists, client contacts, mailing lists, deals database and so forth
- Report to relevant partners and team members on progress of relevant BD initiatives
- Organise and coordinate appropriate meetings and conference calls as required, with full responsibility for arranging supporting materials and following up on BD actions
- Preparation of administrative issues for the relevant practice groups
- Deal with financial issues for the practice group relating to BDMC, i.e. payment of accounts as required
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- An appropriate tertiary qualification (likely to be in marketing, business or management);
- At least four years of experience in a legal or related professional services environment is preferred
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written) and the confidence to communicate well in a multi-cultural, multi-level environment
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Experience in dealing with highly intelligent and demanding internal clients at a senior level
- Experience in working autonomously
- Strong follow-up skills and the ability to see tasks through to completion
- Strong word processing and spreadsheet skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
Well developed inter-cultural liaison skills
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for tasks
- Self-starter who is able to demonstrate a proactive and positive attitude to their work
- Consistently produces quality work and pays close attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and work on a variety of projects at the same time under pressure
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Maintains a courteous and professional manner in all dealings
- Contributes to the effective functioning of the BDMC team