To manage the strategic focus of revenue driving activities of the AP Employment, Competition and Real Estate practice groups, developing a strategic, market-leading BDMC business-partnering capability which enables the practice group to win, retain and grow business through consistently high standards, engaging thought leadership as well as strong key client relationships and account management.
- Work with the AP Practice Group Leaders and Steering Committees, Fee Earners as well as Expert Functions and Global End-to-End Services to proactively plan and deliver a compelling BDMC strategy across the Practice groups across AP offices; understanding regional market needs and dynamics.
- Plan, organise and deliver high quality cross-border client events to position the Firm as a market leader in Employment, Competition and Real Estate practices, targeting carefully selected existing key clients and new clients, with strong focus on ROI tracking, profitable revenue generation and increasing brand profile.
- Working with the AP Proposals team and other BD colleagues to deliver winning major cross-border pitches and proposals for the regional Practice Group and engage with other team members as appropriate. Follow up for pitch de-briefs and track wins/ losses.
- Work with the PG Leaders and Steering Committees, Fee Earners and Client Managers to develop plans which deliver growth to the appropriate global, regional and local key clients by using firm wide best practice BDMC activities which will drive sustainable profitable revenue generation and increase profile.
- Drive revenue opportunities for the practice by using products and service lines ensuring that the appropriate clients are being targeted with thorough ROI tracking.
- Working with the Practice Group Steering Committees to regularly review activities during (monthly) conference calls and face to face meetings; produce analyses of activity versus plans, demonstrating value add of activities undertaken; producing and interpreting financial/fee reports; monitoring expenditure against budget.
- Focus on growing PG specific work from key clients and contribute proactively towards client development strategies, identifying growth opportunities and working closely with client managers.
- Input to Practice Group strategy meetings and training (generally held annually) to shape the agenda and ensure a balance between 'technical' and BD content and activities. Briefing events team on logistical requirements for the meeting.
- Provide guidance to the Client Experience team key information and statistics relating to Practice Group activities (e.g. key deals and matters).
- Partner closely with our expert BDMC functions (Key client management, Communications, Pitch Excellence & Pursuits, Pricing Excellence, GPGs and RPGs) to ensure our in-region media engagement, proposal preparation and pitch training for attorneys, pricing options and alternative fee arrangements strategies align with the requirements of the regional business as well as global best practice.
- Work with our global BDMC end-to-end services teams (Marketing Services; Directories, Awards and League Tables; Event Management) around local production needs including proposal and communications templates; marketing material, campaigns and channels; roll-out of branding communications and advertising; managing submissions for awards, league tables and directories; and local event requirements.
- Provide guidance to our Communications professionals to drive both internal and external communications for practice development in locations across AP, local and social media to channel the Baker McKenzie brand, identity and culture through a single, uniform and strategically consistent communications voice.
Occasional travel to AP offices, Regional PG Meeting/ Training and AP Partner Meeting
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Technical corporate knowledge desired
- Masters or equivalent degree in business administration, marketing, or similar qualification an advantage.
- Fluent English essential, both written and oral English fluency.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Team spirit essential, ability to work collaboratively across teams
These personal qualities represent the shared characteristics of high performers across Baker McKenzie, regardless of job level and location.
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative and is self reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve outcomes that are mutually satisfactory; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion.