About Baker McKenzie
At Baker McKenzie, we are different from other law firms in the way we think, work and behave. With more than 6,000 locally admitted lawyers and more than 5,800 business service professionals in 78 offices worldwide, we have a passionately collaborative community of 60 nationalities and are committed to world-class career development to everyone in every job at every level. Baker McKenzie can offer you both the uncompromising commitment to excellence expected of a top firm and a distinctive way of thinking, working and behaving - as a passionately global and genuinely collaborative firm.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people -- regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age -- to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.
About the role
Baker McKenzie's Vietnam offices is looking for a highly qualified and experienced M&A lawyer who has at least seven years' post qualification experience, excellent English written and verbal skills, and solid experience in M&A transactional work.
We value people with a "client-first" mindset, excellent communications skills, appreciation for cultural differences and ability to work independently and as a team player.
This position will report directly to the Head of M&A Practice Group in Vietnam.
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and traits:
- Must be a qualified lawyer, whether in Vietnam or in another jurisdiction;
- At least seven years' post qualification experience;
- Significant experience in cross-border property equity/ M&A transaction in international law firms;
- Excellent and fluent English language skills (written and verbal) and the confidence to communicate professionally in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders, build strong relationships with clients, and demonstrated ability to drive results in business development;
- Strong communication skills, and highly credible presentation skills;
- Ability to function smoothly in a global team environment with culturally diverse team members.
How to apply
If you are self-motivated and excited by the career opportunity that a global law firm can offer, we would like to hear from you. Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role or send your application to email@example.com.