A Team Lead is in-charge of the overall management of the assigned team.
He/She is involved in all aspects of operations and decision making, including staffing, professional development, internal and external communications and work allocation.
He/She will be a) responsible for monitoring and ensuring the top metrics are met; b) client SLAs are met; c) implement and drive process improvements; d) maintain high quality output of each team member; d) apply standard policies, guidelines and best practice ; and e) maintain harmonious and collaborative relationships with local office counterparts.
He/She have recommendatory authority in the areas of recruitment, appraisals, and promotions.
- Responsible for the day to the day operations of the assigned team including end-to-end support.
- Monitors and coordinates with his/her direct reports to ensure delivery of top quality outputs. Monitors productivity of assigned team.
- Coordinates with the Supervisor on process and quality improvement initiatives and recommendations covering the scope of work of the teams assigned to him/her. Ensures approved enhancements are implemented and monitored.
- Drive team members to comply to all established processes
- Checking and monitoring status of assignments including coordination with other teams
- Ensures that all pending jobs are properly endorsed to the next shift
- Ensures that all other tasks assigned by Management are properly attended to.
- Promptly addresses clients’ queries and concerns by email or teleconference
- In case of actual and potential problems, collates and analyses facts together with the direct reports and Supervisor for the investigation. Report and acts to prevent the problem from occurring. Close supervision on the quick resolution of complaints.
- Builds rapport and ensures successful service delivery to ensure continued use of DSC services
- Consistently achieves individual targets, priorities and developmental objectives aligned with the department's and Firm's direction
- Performs other tasks assigned by the Supervisors or DSC Senior Manager
- Monitors the performance of direct reports and provides feedback through regular one-on-one coaching sessions
- Drive team members to consistently achieve targets and departmental objectives
- Set measurable and realistic KPIs, work standards and expectations, where appropriate, in line with company objectives and monitor and communicate these and monitor progress against same. Regularly review, revise and re-issue as required. Take corrective action where appropriate.
- Counsels team members on the proper discharge of their duties; if necessary, imposes disciplinary action, enrols direct reports in performance improvement plans and issues memoranda
- Conducts fair, constructive and thorough performance evaluations
- Submits recommendations on promotions/incentives to the Supervisor
- Develop and implement a realistic and actionable succession plan to reinforce capabilities and ensure progression at all levels
- Keeps scorecard information up to date on a monthly basis
- Carry out random quality audits for members with quality opportunities and work closely with the supervisor and quality team to identify recurring quality problems, agree, initiate and monitor relevant corrective action.
- Builds good working relationships with clients and handles their concerns in a prompt and professional manner, in keeping with client service principles.
- In case of an escalation or complaint, sends acknowledgement email, collates facts, prepares an incident report within the agreed timelines and provides recommendation to prevent the problem from recurring.
- Confirms all discussions and agreements with clients in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree, good academic standing and relevant work experience
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with people from different cultures and across all levels of the organization
- Keen analytical skills and ability to determine client needs
- Ability to make sound and accurate decisions and judgment calls
- Effective leadership and communication skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Advanced skills in MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexible and willing to work in any shift, including graveyard
- Exemplary work ethic and professional integrity