The Systems Administrator is responsible for configuring, administering and supporting the firm's Enterprise Service Management platform. This involves keeping the lights on for day to day business operation and working closely with stakeholders to schedule and plan system updates and upgrades.
- Responsible to implement, manage and support the firm's enterprise service management application including integration with other systems, creating reports and dashboards, building service portals and maintaining access controls.
- Act as the subject matter expert for application-related request and issue resolution.
- Ensure the system is performing as expected and that the system functionality and up time meet the department and firm's key performance indicators (KPI).
- Keep current on application and industry knowledge, working closely with the vendor to stay informed on system patches and application upgrades.
- Responsible for testing new applications and configurations, deploying changes across all environments and providing guidance on service management system capabilities.
- Act as the main liaison between the application users and the vendor regarding problems and enhancement requests.
- Participate in other duties and projects as directed by the Service Management leadership team.
- This is a global role requiring regular work outside normal business hours to communicate with people in multiple time zones.
Technical & Non-Technical Skills:
- Experience with the ServiceNow platform is a must.
- Technical expertise regarding data visualization, analytics and reporting techniques.
- Thorough understanding of ITIL/ITSM processes.
- Customer service and support experience required.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines, attention to detail and the flexibility to think of alternative solutions.
- Ability to operate effectively/independently with minimal support.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong technical, analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills including ability to communicate, both written and orally, and in a clear and straightforward manner.
Minimum Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or substantial equivalent experience with an emphasis on system administration related field or equivalent work experience.
- ITIL Certification, ITIL Foundation Certification recommended.
- Experience with managing an Service Management application in a law firm would be highly desirable.
- Global thinking and experience is preferred.