The Network Team is responsible for all aspects (software and hardware) of the Firm's network systems. Recommends and implements network architectures (LAN and WAN). The Senior Global Network Engineer analyses networks and recommend upgrades/changes; assesses organization's current and future network needs. He/she will collaborate in the development of best practices, policies, and procedures designed to increase the reliability and efficiency of the Firm's network infrastructure. The position's primary focus is to facilitate network communications throughout the Firm in compliance with organizational policies and standards.
- Coordinating Engineering Team information and activities with other IT members
- Assessing business and applications requirements for corporate data and voice networks
- Planning, designing and upgrading network installation projects
- Troubleshooting network architecture and making recommendations for system findings and enhancements
- Making recommendations for leveraging network installations and reducing operational costs
- Provide advanced network analysis and simulation skills in support of the Firm's application requirements
- Participate in the development and enforcement of infrastructure standards and policies as they relate to WAN and LAN technologies.
- Monitor internal and external compliance with the Firm’s information security policies and procedures.Identify non-compliant practices and assist with remediation.
- Participate in defining the Firm’s DR/BCP practices as required by governance best practices.
- Conceive, document and implement network policies and procedures.
- Provide internal consultation, training, and documentation services to applicable parties as required.
- Provide project management for all network initiatives that are not assigned a dedicated project management resource.
- Provide status reports to the Global Network Manager as required.
- Perform other relevant functions and tasks as assigned
- Travel as necessary to support security initiatives, systems, incidents, and projects
- Thorough knowledge of WAN/LAN technologies, methods, and practices.
- Minimum 10-15 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Software Defined networking
- Knowledge of load balancers such as Netscaler or F-5
- Extensive experience with Wide Area and Local Area Networks.
- In-depth understanding of concepts and operating principles of data communications and information systems hardware and software.
- Thorough knowledge of network monitoring systems, vendor-supplied packaged programs, macros, utilities, and other highly technical programs.
- Ability to gather and analyses facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and suggest solutions.
- Ability to adapt, integrate, and modify existing programs or vendor-supplied package programs for use with existing information systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.