The Security Operations Analyst provides technical, administrative, and procedural support for the firm's information security program to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information systems in accordance with the firm's business objectives, regulatory requirements, and strategic goals.
- Provide Tier 2 technical and support services to the global organization on behalf of the Information Security Team.
- Receive, process, and resolve tickets per defined SLA's.
- Assist in the architecture, deployment, and ongoing support of key security systems necessary for the protection of Firm assets.
- Maintain assigned systems to ensure availability, reliability, integrity, including the oversight of current and projected capacity, performance, and licensing.
- Understand firm policies and standards and be capable of conveying those requirements to end users in a non-confrontational manner.
- Critically assess current practices and provide feedback to management on improvement opportunities.
- Report compliance failures to management for immediate remediation
- Provide status reports and relevant metrics to the Security Operations Manager.
- Contribute to the Firm's security-related information repositories and other marketing/awareness endeavors.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Provide exemplary customer service by striving for first call resolution and demonstrating empathy, respect, professionalism, and expertise
- Broad understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, common network services, and other foundational topics.
- Knowledge of server, workstation, and Active Directory technologies that impact security controls.
- Ability to gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and suggest solutions.
- Maintain critical thinking and composure under pressure.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to convey complex concepts to non-technical constituents. Proficiency in oral and written English.
- Capable of providing assistance with the preparation of internal training materials and documentation.
- Ability to be productive and maintain focus without direct supervision.
- Passionate in the practice and pursuit of customer service excellence
- Willing to accommodate shift-based work for a global organization.
- Provide exemplary customer service by striving for first call resolution and demonstrating empathy, respect, professionalism, and expertise.
- Experience with common security platforms such as antivirus, full disk encryption, two factor authentication, PKI, and data leakage protection.
- Possess a Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree or substantial equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in information security with a focus on security operations
Special Requirements, Licenses, and Certification
- GIAC GSEC or CompTIA Security +
- CISSP or SSCP desired