The SAP Support Analyst will be responsible for providing consistent high quality customer service and functional/technical support for Baker McKenzie’s financial application. Also responsible for resolving issues in a timely and efficient manner, and escalate to support groups when necessary.
- Provide initial assessment and troubleshooting of inbound issues.
- Apply knowledge and understanding of B&M IT Landscape to effectively triage or resolve technical and functional incidents reported by SAP end-user and super-users
- Record, track and monitor incidents and service requests following the defined Incident Management Process. Provide an accurate record of each incident description and resolution.
- Escalate incidents to the appropriate second level support team and coordinate support for unresolved technical issues, following defined escalation procedures
- Manage resolution of issues efficiently and professionally. Monitors on-going jobs and ensures immediate resolution of the reported problem
- Liaise between end user community and technical teams towards resolution of the reported problem
- Provide on-time status and communication to end users regarding outstanding and resolved incidents
- Proactively increase the efficiency of the day-to-day operations by suggesting improvements regarding tools and processes.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of supported systems and continually strives to enhance knowledge through ongoing training, reading and participating in projects and improvement initiatives
- Communicate to management on high-impact technical issues
- Follow SAP Help Desk procedures, policies and processes diligently and accurately
- Provide back-up support for other team members, as required
- Any other project or tasks assigned by management
Skills and Experience:
- Some support experience for SAP in any of the following modules: Financial Accounting and Controlling, Sales and Distribution, Materials Management, Business Intelligence or Project Systems
- Experience with incident management tools
- Good process methodology experience
- Excellent verbal, written, communication skills. Must be able to speak and write fluent English with advanced grammar and composition skills
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Thoroughness in terms of following defined processes diligently and accurately
- Drive and ability to see problems through to resolution
- Well-developed inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new technology and applications
- Has initiative, sense of responsibility and commitment to work
- Willing to work overtime as necessary
- Willing to work on shifting schedule
- Able to work in fast paced, stressful environment
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills and keen attention to detail
- Accounting background or knowledge of financial applications is an advantage but not required