The DSC Supervisor is directly involved in almost all aspects of operations and decision making, including staffing, training, professional development, performance management and internal/external communications. They have recommendatory authority in the areas of recruitment, appraisals, promotions and incentives.
As part of the DSC leadership team, the Supervisor drive quality in all aspects of service delivery. They coach, mentor and evaluate their direct reports; build and nurture relationships with clients and stakeholders; handle various administrative tasks; and enforce and monitor team compliance with company rules and regulations.
They will be responsible with project management and drive improvements related to their service areas.
- Drives strategic department performance improvement/management initiatives aligned with Firm/Department objectives
- Ensure the team is meeting the set customer satisfaction goals
- Functions as key point of contact for LSS Projects
- Identify opportunities and quality improvements and discuss with the leadership team
- Conducts team meetings to keep employees informed and engaged
- Produce weekly/monthly reports for the Senior Manager on progress against specific objectives / against Balanced Scorecard KPIs and agree on any corrective action
- Investigate detractor scores and draft RCA reports to be submitted to the DSC Manager
- Analyze all opportunities and recommend ways to improve efficiencies and reduce costs
- Proactively monitors and updates attendance matrix to ensure achievement of service levels and schedule adherence
- Conducts capacity planning and forecast
- Maintains confidentiality of Firm and client information
- Implements all company policies, rules and regulations and ensure team's compliance
- Actively involved and drives all strategic initiatives set by management
- Provides budget recommendations
- Performs other tasks assigned by the DSC Senior Manager
- Monitors the performance of direct reports and provides feedback through regular one-on-one coaching sessions
- Counsels team members on the proper discharge of their duties; if necessary, imposes disciplinary action, enrols direct reports in performance improvement plans and issues memoranda
- Set measurable and realistic KPIs, work standards and expectations, where appropriate, in line with company objectives and monitor and communicate these and progress against same. Regularly review, revise and re-issue as required. Take corrective action where appropriate.
- Conducts fair, constructive and thorough performance evaluations
- Submits recommendations on promotions/incentives to the DSC Senior Manager
- Identifies and reviews the essential skills/competencies needed at each job level and coordinates with Talent Development for staff training needs
- Keeps employees engaged through activities and initiatives that foster a culture of collaboration, inclusiveness and unity
- Oversee the implementation of procedures, adherence to the policies, objectives and goals within the department
- Embraces and promotes a culture of continuous learning by completing all required LOD courses, identifying and mentoring SMEs, and facilitating peer learning sessions on a regular basis
- Keeps scorecard information up to date on a monthly basis
Client Relationship Management
- In case of an escalation or complaint, collates facts from Team Leads, prepares incident reports and provides solutions to prevent the problem from recurring. Communicate with clients the recommended solutions.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with clients and handles their concerns in a prompt and professional manner, in keeping with client service principles
- Ensures strict implementation of the project management framework
- Prepares project plans for the successful implementation of projects
- Prepares cost estimates and proposals to be submitted to customers
- Prepares project documentation i.e. processing instructions, process workflows, processes maps.
- Manages projects to successful completion based on customer specifications; establishes performance standards and measures
- Allocates project resources in coordination with the team leaders
- Facilitate resource-pooling by coordinating with Team Leads and SMEs on training issues related to projects and look for opportunities to upskill and cross-skill where feasible
- Ensures customer sign-off on processes and relays them to project team members
- Monitors progress of projects and provides regular status reports to customers and the DSC senior manager
- Documents project completion and solicits customer feedback
- Facilitates project post-mortem and RCA discussions
- Prepares reports and information needed by customers, the senior manager and other stakeholders.
- Identifies opportunities for collaboration with potential customers
- Bachelor’s degree, good academic standing and relevant work experience
- Exemplary work ethic, executive presence and professional integrity
- Keen analytical skills and ability to determine client needs
- Is able to make sound and accurate decisions
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with people from different cultures and across all levels of the organization
- Is able to establish and maintain effective working relationships; a team player
- Proven ability to manage and motivate others
- High level of proficiency in MS Office applications
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Manages time effectively and prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines
- Flexible and willing to work in any shift, including graveyard