The NOC Analyst is responsible for the operation and support of the Firm IT Infrastructure during the shift through continuous monitoring and handling of system related incidents, and in performing adhoc and routine tasks. He/She may also be tapped to participate in IT Projects of the Global Technology Teams.
This position works in a shifting mode as the NOC Team operates onsite in Global Services Manila (GSM) 24 hours x 365 days a year. Aside from this, he/she is expected to be on-call in case of IT infrastructure critical incidents and emergencies requiring his/her services.
- Provide support for the IT Infrastructure; this includes alert monitoring, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and resolution of incidents (both from system alerts and help desk tickets).
- Handles issues encountered in the IT Infrastructure and IT Operations, consult the Team Leads and/or Administrator on complex issues.
- Escalate issues to Team Lead and/or the appropriate next Level IT group when applicable.
- Performs routine and adhoc tasks and requests.
- Represent NOC and participate in Global Infrastructure meetings.
- Further develop technical aptitude and customer service knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Generates and recommends work and process improvement ideas within NOC and Global Infrastructure
- Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
- Dell PowerEdge and HP ProLiant servers
- VMWare Vsphere and Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization
- Active Directory technologies
- Good analytical skills in identifying and resolving problems, assessing risks and evaluating technical solution alternatives
- Sound decision making skills in making logical and proper judgment as to when to escalate the incident to 3rd level support
- Discipline and sense of urgency, responsibility and accountability
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Three to five years relevant experience in the use of above knowledge and skills.
- Certification on their respective field an advantage (MCP, MCSE,CCNA, etc).
- Possess a Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree or substantial equivalent experience.