The Travel Services Manager, Asia Pacific, will support the ongoing implementation project as well as provide best-in-class support to Baker McKenzie partners and staff as they engage with the new travel program and be instrumental in helping to continue to improve the program as it matures.
- The Firm Travel Services team is responsible for the successful implementation of a global travel program and a single global travel agency. Once implemented, they will be responsible for the ongoing operations and management of the Firm's travel agency partner. They will:
- Coordinate, plan, and prepare Baker McKenzie offices in their respective regions for the transition to the new global travel program.
- Work closely with the Firm's selected travel agency to prepare each team of agents in their region to work with Baker McKenzie travelers and travel arrangers.
- Provide impeccable internal customer service to Baker McKenzie travelers and travel arrangers as the internal point of contact for Firm Travel Services in their respective regions.
- Effectively and quickly intake, triage, and solve issues by engaging with the Firm's selected travel agency operations team
- Provide basic support and resources regarding the Firm's selected online travel booking tool
- Track, follow up, and close all Travel Services issues raised by travelers and travel arrangers in their region, escalating when necessary
- Deliver regular and ad hoc travel reporting requirements within the region
- Provide an "always open" service experience to key stakeholders around the globe, especially the risk and security team as it relates to managing the duty of care the Firm has for its People whilst they travel on Firm business
- Serve as subject matter experts regarding airlines and hotels in their respective region
- Support regional and global business reviews with the Firm's selected travel agency
- Contribute to and lead specific global projects within the Travel Services Team (e.g. hotel program, operations, communications)
- Support Associate Director, Firm Travel Services on strategic directives and projects
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree related to business and/or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience in a legal or professional services environment is highly desirable
- Highly driven and dedicated outlook which includes flexibility and a willingness to work outside of normal business hours when required
- Business Travel Management experience and expertise
- Impeccable customer service skills including proactivity, problem-solving, and empathy
- Excellent collaboration skills including accepting and managing feedback from various stakeholders
- Experience managing and implementing travel programs and technology
- Must be affiliative, respectful, with strong presentation skills that influence with fact, reason, and vision, be trustworthy, and dependable
- Excellent communication skills with both team members and internal business constituents and comfortable mediating between stakeholder needs, business objectives, and technical feasibility
- Relationship building, gaining consensus, and adoption methods
- Continued drive for excellence and high quality, despite frequent iterations, changes in priority, scope, and stakeholders
- Polished and professional presentation skills