The Learning Technology Specialist will service the Firm's Global Leadership & Learning (L&L) function, aligned with the strategic direction, vision and values of the Firm.
As a key member of the team, the Leadership and Learning Specialist - Learning Technology will be specifically responsible for the design, creation development of digital learning which form part of blended learning solutions or stand-alone e-learning modules.
- Design and develop high quality digital content to be used within BakerLearn (LMS) as part of the wider Global Leadership & Learning curriculum, working under the guidance of the Senior Manager, Learning Technology
- Work with a variety of global stakeholders and external training providers and internal SMEs to develop digital content that support business training needs
- Use of eLearning authoring tools, such as Articulate Rise 360, Adobe Captivate and Adapt to develop content that is effective and works across the different systems and technologies used by the Firm
- Upload eLearning courses and other digital content to the Firm's Learning Management System (LMS) to host and track progress and completion.
- Work independently on projects, assisting the Senior Manager, Learning Technology, Director of Global Learning & Development and the wider Leadership & Learning team on specific L&L team projects and ad hoc requests as necessary and providing advice and support to other teams/units in the business
- Contribute to the design and development of the appropriate technical infrastructure required to deliver digital multimedia content
- Work closely with the IT Portfolio team and wider IT team to maximise the use of technology in learning
- Manage the maintenance and updating of the Firm's compliance content working with SMEs and other key stakeholders
Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree with 2.1 or above preferred
- Experience of operating within a global professional services environment / technology environment
- Prior experience in a Professional Services firm is preferred, but not a prerequisite
- Good understanding of learning design
- Significant experience in eLearning/digital design using a range of eLearning authoring tools, video capturing tools, content editing tools e.g. Articulate Rise, Adobe Captivate, Vyond, Adobe Illustrator
- Significant experience in and understanding of learning technologies, including Learning Management Systems (LMS) / Learning Experience Platforms (LXPs) along with experience of SharePoint and video conferencing software.
- Significant knowledge of eLearning content development standards (e.g. SCORM, xAPI) and deployment of content via a Learning Management System, SharePoint sites and other portals
- Track record in taking a lead in solving problems and driving results quickly
- Strong collaboration skills and effective at managing and communicating with a range of stakeholders at all levels and across different cultures
- Working knowledge of Totara Learning Management System is desirable but not a pre-requisite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English is required
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong work ethic with a genuine interest in working for a law firm and a keen interest in future technologies