The English language editors provide copy editing and proofreading services to colleagues from all Baker McKenzie offices and centers. The successful applicant will be hired on a temporary, full-time basis for six months.
- Fulfill copyediting and proofreading requests in line with customer requirements and internal quality standards.
- Manage own workload to ensure timely delivery of output.
- Revise copy and suggest changes to improve readability.
- Apply a right-first-time approach to minimize rework.
- Exhibit a collaborative and professional attitude.
- Meet all service level agreements.
- Abide by all company policies.
- Educational background in communication, journalism, linguistics, literature, or a related field
- Experience as a writer, copy editor, or proofreader
- English language or copy editing certification advantageous
- Aptitude for learning new tools and processes
- Strong problem-solving and innovation mindset
- Willingness to work morning and afternoon shifts