The Executive Assistant will demonstrate mastery of secretarial and administrative competencies to the highest level to support the Manila Center Leadership Team (MCL - ED, Ops Dir, HR Director, Finance Director and BDMC Associate Director). Ensures a high level of client service, contributing to a world-class administrative service by proactively assisting leadership. Responsible for the coordination, preparation, organization, assembly and dissemination of information in verbal, print and electronic form, calendar management, event management, preparation of meeting minutes and coordination of legal documentary requirements with GSM’s Corporate Secretary. Responsible for establishing and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with internal and external clients. Provides feedback across teams and may make suggestions on redefining processes and procedures to increase efficiencies. Behaves in accordance with Firm values by promoting effective work practices, working as a team player and behaving like a leader.
In addition, the EA will also help manage stakeholder visits (e.g., clients or colleagues outside the Manila Center) and applies judgment to ensure that business objectives are aligned to maximize such engagement opportunities. Having access to information on business goals, the EA helps initiate necessary touchpoints/connections with stakeholders as well as help follow through with implementation of plans as aligned with the CLT members supported.
Working closely with the ED, the EA will also have a shared responsibility on the content development for messages required in the monthly Manila Center Stage (newsletter) and other and regular or special communications.
Confident, professional, enthusiastic and customer service driven will be qualities of successful candidates and this individual will have access to, and work with many cultures, levels and experts within Baker McKenzie.
- Responsible for reducing document production and administrative tasks from CLT members. Proactively taking ownership and responsibility for tasks and assignments
- Proactively manages CLT members’ diary on a day-to-day basis, resolving diary conflicts and regularly communicating to ensure members are aware of changing priorities and commitments
- Manage and co-ordinate all aspects of CLT members’ external and internal meetings, events and travel, producing detailed itineraries and providing meeting materials in advance and where necessary to attend meetings as required. Liaise with Office Services/Catering, IT and other required functions to ensure the seamless delivery of Manila Center meetings that are in person and on-site. Process expense reimbursements/liquidation as needed
- Internal and external liaison on CLT members’ behalf, making decisions and using judgement as appropriate
- Acting as a gate keeper/dealing with all internal and external calls on CLT members’ behalf
- Manage the production of presentations and other documentation, drafting where necessary and liaising with and delegating to others
- Coordinate with GSM’s Corporate Secretary on all business documentary requirements
- Monitor and respond to and action incoming emails/communications on behalf of CLT members. Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information (i.e., emails, phone calls, etc.)
- Draft email correspondence/communications and liaising with internal communications team/other key stakeholder groups relevant to role.
- Respond or direct to the appropriate person general queries from within the Firm
- Utilize Services (i.e., Document Services, Design Services, Pitch’s & Proposals, etc.) when and where appropriate
- Manage highly confidential and non-routine information
- Works with little to no supervision
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant undergraduate degree
- Previous experience of working with C-Suite, Senior Professionals in a Professional Services environment
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including extensive experience with PowerPoint, Excel and Visio
- Well-developed and sophisticated organization, communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to relate to and gain the confidence of people at all levels within an organization, as well as an ability to build strong relationships and work in a collaborative environment
- Detail-oriented individual with strong organizational and project management skills, and ability to work on multiple tasks with competing deadlines. Strong attention to detail, spelling and grammar
- High level of discretion, diplomacy and a commitment to maintaining the highest level of confidentiality
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to research, digest, analyze and present material clearly and concisely
- Background in creative writing an advantage
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and navigate in unstructured environments and to work successfully with many cultures, levels and experts in the Firm