The Collections Operations Analyst will be responsible for providing Collection Operations Support through regular contact in accordance with agreed terms from clients in a cordial and courteous manner; work closely with Collections Operations team and staff in centers to ensure that collections activities are coordinated and escalated as necessary.
- Liaise with Collections staff, In-Market Business partners, management and other staff as appropriate to ensure that all receivables are followed up via email in a timely manner in accordance with the Firm's standardized best practice.
- Minimize risks surrounding long outstanding debts with the aim of avoiding write-downs, write-offs and bad debts
- Monitor Accounts Receivable balances on a monthly basis to review any aged accounts for status, write-off threshold, and credit balance.
- Prepare any necessary forms to complete approved credit adjustments, write-downs and write-offs for clients as a result of Accounts Receivable review process
- Ensure all invoices have proper status updated in system to allow for categorization of outstanding Accounts Receivable
- Complete incoming clients requests for global team such as; Accounts Receivable confirmation, ACH information, etc
- With limited supervision, work independently to complete assigned tasks and work responsibilities in order to meet agreed objectives
- Consider the impact of recommendations when making decisions or resolving problems
Skills and Experience:
- Some experience within a similar position
- Previous experience of working in a professional services environment
- General understanding of accounting or finance principles as well as the specific law firm or professional service accounting structure, environment and requirements
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Advanced technological proficiencies, inclusive of Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word
- Keen attention to detail and effective organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands, including learning new skills when required
- Ability to exchange ideas and information effectively in a concise and logical way, and be sensitive to audience diversity
- Exercise required degree of tact and diplomacy when dealing with others and in handling sensitive issues