The Business Development Co-ordinator / Senior Co-ordinator (EMI and TMT Industry Groups, Asia Pacific) will provide business development, marketing, practice and research support to the Asia Pacific Energy, Mining & Infrastructure and Technology, Media & Telecoms Industry Groups of the Firm, as well as the other AP Industry Groups where needed, working closely with the Business Development Managers and Senior Business Development Manager.
- Proactively monitor and share clients, competition, business and legal developments relevant for the Industry Groups and recommend necessary actions
- Create and update capability statements, key deals lists, industry group descriptions, CVs, brochures, awards lists, and directory ranking summaries etc.
- Create internal and external communications, newsletters, brochures, reports and memos on business trends, recent business development activities and events
- Assist the Proposals team and the BD Manager in preparing pitches for current or new work opportunities BD collaterals, branding and communications• Undertake research on business, industry, clients and competition intelligence on a regular basis and keeping the BD Manager informed of current trends
Internal and external events/meetings
- Work with other relevant teams in providing the BD/client development aspects of internal trainings and meetings, external roadshows, client conferences, client visits and sponsored events for the industry groups; coordinate and manage presentation materials, client contact lists and research as needed; proactively follow-up after meetings to maximize return on investment for these initiatives
- Take notes at various meetings, set up regional teleconferences and face-to-face meetings, manage email distribution lists, prepare meeting materials and presentations (proofreading and document formatting), develop reports
Industry Group administration
- Proactively collect and follow up necessary information relevant for tracking return on investment of BD initiatives and projects
- Work closely with the Directories, Awards and Submissions (DAS) team in preparing regional submissions for profile-raising purposes, liaising with relevant lawyers and reviewing the draft documents to ensure that deal information and submission entries are organized and collected following best practices and timelines
- Create, maintain and update email membership lists, client contacts and mailing lists, deals database etc.
- Assist BD Managers in preparing periodic overviews and analyses of group financial reports based on data collected from the AP Finance team
- Upload and update files and information on the Firm's intranet and internet sites; keep content organized and regularly updated
- Assist in the administration of the industry group budgets, including monitoring spend against activities and reallocation of costs
- Business degree or related degree (e.g. Marketing or Communications)
- Relevant experience working in a legal or related professional services environment
- Proven experience in conducting research on companies and industries
- Proven experience of coordinating or managing events
- Demonstrates business acumen and interest in market and industry trends
- Strong word processing and spreadsheet skills (in particular, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent time management and organizing skills