To assist the Senior Manager, Partner Recruitment, with the execution of the JAO partner recruitment strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the Firm. Work closely with key stakeholders and Talent Management colleagues, both locally and globally (when required), to ensure all candidates receive a world-class candidate experience throughout the recruitment and selection process. Interact with Practice Group Leaders to administer plans in accordance with their lateral recruitment priorities, keeping the business' objectives in mind.
- Execute relevant recruitment activities, track status of candidates and ensure systems, where relevant, are kept updated.
- Coordinate multiple interview processes, collate feedback and assist in the preparation of approval document, ensuring the relevant processes are adhered to in a timely manner and in accordance with the lateral recruitment best practice.
- Assist with market mapping and sourcing candidates through various means, including social media such as LinkedIn.
- When required, liaise with preferred search Firms and other relevant organizations to promote the Firm and lateral opportunities.
- Ensure coordination with the End to End (“E2E”) team, where applicable, across all service level requests to ensure support is seamless and provides high level candidate experience.
- Keep local talent management teams informed of the progress of roles in a timely manner, and liaise with them in relation to visa requirements, offer letters and other onboarding requirements as necessary.
- Participate in various recruiter networks, where available, to increase personal networking, knowledge sharing and promotion of the Firm.
- From time to time, assist team members with other recruitment activities as required.
Travel requirements: None.
The Firm's People function has responsibility for recruiting, supporting and developing all of the Firm's people, including our Partners, Lawyers and Professional & Business Services, working closely with the Firm's leadership to design and deliver the Firm's people strategy, building on the Firm's core commitments to collaboration, excellence and inclusivity. The function includes:
- Talent Management.
- Recruitment & Mobility.
- Diversity & Inclusion.
- Leadership & Learning.
You will report to: Senior Manager, Partner Recruitment.
Your direct reports, if any: None at present.
- Director of Talent, JAO.
- Recruitment & People Team Members.
- Talent Management Business Partners.
- Practice Group Leaders and Office Managing Partners.
- E2E Services team members.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Recruiting experience in a professional services organization and/or law firm, preferably with multiple offices.
- Fluent written and spoken English is required; fluent written and spoken Mandarin is preferred though not required.
- High level of discretion, diplomacy and a commitment to maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.
- Well-developed and sophisticated written and oral communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, with a proven ability to relate to and gain the confidence of people at all levels within an organization.
- Able to bring good judgement and empathy to sensitive situations.
- Strong organizational skills and must be able to meet deadlines and multi-task in a matrix, fast-paced, professional services environment.
- Strong computer skills (including Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe or similar).