Our M&A department currently has an opening for a Competition Associate. The hire will work on a broad range of competition law issues in China, Hong Kong and throughout the Asia Pacific, including competition audits and compliance, competition litigation, competition related judicial review proceedings, access claims, multijurisdictional cartel investigations, merger clearance, collaboration/joint ventures and antitrust advisory.
- 1-2 years’ post qualification experience
- Experience of handling Hong Kong Competition Commission investigations preferred
- Hong Kong qualification required
- Able to maintain a polite and professional demeanor when dealing with clients
- Excellent drafting skills in both English and Chinese
- Experience with international firms is preferred
- Strong client relationship skills
- Good judgment, and ability to exercise independent decision making and act autonomously
- Able to multi task
- Strong communication skills
- Language skills – English, Cantonese and Mandarin required
- Innovative and practical
- Team player
- Commercially minded.