Why Baker McKenzie
Baker McKenzie is consistently recognized as one of the leading and largest international law firms in Asia and globally. We provide dedicated legal services across the spectrum of corporate law and have been doing business in Hong Kong and China for 50 years. Our global team of more than 300 lawyers has the deep local roots and integrated global reach to help domestic and multinational companies seamlessly manage even the most complex cross-border transactions.
Our Career Opportunity
We are looking for a passionate, driven senior associate to join our Financial Services team based in Hong Kong, focusing on private investment funds. You will be joining a funds practice that is highly-regarded by legal directories including Chambers Asia Pacific and Legal500 for private equity investment funds, registered funds and REITs and be involved in a broad spectrum of fund products, with a focus on closed ended private investment funds. Highly qualified and experienced funds lawyers with international interests who have diverse backgrounds and experience are encouraged to apply. We value people with a "client-first" mindset, excellent communications skills, an appreciation for cultural differences and ability to work effectively as team players.
- Draft and review documentation, demonstrate familiarity with precedents and market standards for private funds;
- Provide commercial and legal advice to the client;
- Act for fund managers on the structuring, formation and marketing of private investment funds primarily in the private equity, real estate and venture capital space, as well as the regulatory, operational, compliance and corporate governance matters arising from the operation of such funds;
- Act for prominent institutional investors in connection with their investments in various private fund products and platforms; and
- Network with clients to capitalize on new business opportunities.
- Experience within a top tier firm
- Strong academic credentials
- 5 to 7 years PQE
- Strong networking and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- To succeed in this role, you should be able to contribute to knowhow, communicate assertively when under pressure and be a proactive team player.