Baker & McKenzie is consistently recognized as one of the leading and largest international law firms in Hong Kong, China and globally. We provide dedicated legal services across the spectrum of corporate law and have been doing business in Hong Kong and China for 50 years. Our Capital Markets team of around 50 lawyers in Greater China has the deep local roots in Hong Kong / China and integrated global reach to help domestic and multinational companies seamlessly manage even the most complex cross-border transactions. We are the first international law firm to receive approval from the Chinese government to set up a joint operation law office in the Shanghai Free Trade Zone, namely, Baker McKenzie FenXun Joint Operation Office.
Experience & skills required:
- Successful experience of 5 to 8 years PQE in Capital Markets in a renowned law firm.
- Experience with HK IPO (including prospectus drafting), HK securities practice, fund-raising, compliance and related work
- Experience with M&A and US IPO and US securities practice is a plus
- Highest working standards with strong service orientation - a "client first" culture
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills are required; as well as the ability to demonstrate initiative and pro-activity
- Strong analytical skills and a pragmatic approach
- Human qualities, open-minded and dynamic
- Fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese
- LL.B degree from a prestigious law school; LL.M or J.D degree is preferred
- HK Legal qualification
- Hong Kong