Baker McKenzie advises clients on some of the most significant deals in the Chinese and international markets, such as Bright Food's acquisition of Spanish food group Miquel Alimentacio, Export-Import Bank of China's US$1.55 billion loan facilities for the development of a power plant in Port Qasim in Pakistan, and the US$26 billion merger between China CSR and China CNR, the two largest high speed railway equipment and rolling stocks manufacturers in China.
With nearly 300 qualified lawyers, we provide domestic and cross-border advice on Capital Markets, Merger & Acquisition, Banking & Finance, Employment, Real Estate, IT & Communications, Intellectual Property, Dispute Resolution and Tax — all top-ranked practice groups by legal publications including IFLR 1000, Asia Pacific Legal and Chambers Asia Pacific. No matter the legal or business challenge, we work with colleagues across borders and practice areas to help clients achieve their strategic goals.
Baker McKenzie is seeking a Capital Market Associate to participate in the development of our Capital Markets Practice Group.
Experience & skills required:
- Successful experience of 3 to 6 years in Capital Market in a renowned law firm.
- Experience with HK IPO prospectus drafting
- Experience with US securities practice, US IPO, fund-raising and related is a plus
- Highest working standards with strong service orientation - a "client first" culture
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills are required; as well as the ability to demonstrate initiative and pro-activity
- Strong analytical skills and a pragmatic approach
- Human qualities, open-minded and dynamic
- Fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese
- LL.B degree from a prestigious law school; LL.M or J.D degree is preferred
- Legal qualification to practice in China, HK, US, UK, Australia or Singapore