Baker McKenzie has more than 40 years of corporate/M&A experience in China and Hong Kong, and have accumulated in-depth knowledge of Chinese laws and practice. Our established M&A team has track record of advising on M&A transactions relating to private and public listed companies including the domestic and overseas activities. In China, we have extensive experience in assisting Chinese companies and State-owned enterprises to invest aboard. We regularly represent clients from a range of industry sectors, including energy / natural resources, technology, media and communications, real estate, pharmaceuticals and healthcare, financial services, insurance, food and beverage, and automotive sectors.
We are looking for highly qualified and experienced lawyers as well as junior lawyers with international interests who have diverse backgrounds and experience. We value people with a "client-first" mindset, excellent communications skills, an appreciation for cultural differences and ability to work effectively as team players.
Experience and Skills Required
- Experience in private M&A,
Experience with cross-border legal issues and transactions that involves China is a plus
- Excellent English drafting skills; fluent Mandarin is a plus.
- Practicing experience in other jurisdictions is a plus
- Good judgment, and ability to exercise independent decision making and act autonomously
- Able to multi task
- Strong analytical skills and a pragmatic approach
- Strong interpersonal skills, open-minded and dynamic
- 1-3 years (Junior level)
- 4-6 years PQE (Mid Level)
- 6+ years PQE (Senior Associate, Counsel, Junior Partner) Qualifications
- Qualified to practice in any of the following jurisdictions, China/HK/Singapore/US/UK/Australia.
- LL.B and/or LL.M and/or J.D. degree