Baker & McKenzie Beijing office runs internship programmes all year round.
The internship programme is a comprehensive 8 to 12 weeks programme and aims to give students the opportunity of experiencing first hand what it is like to work at the firm. In addition to getting to know the firm's culture and people, interns will participate in the training programmes available to trainees and junior lawyers, and be exposed to the type of work typically undertaken by them.
The internship programme is the main pathway into securing a permanent job opportunity with the firm, as interns who perform well during the programme will be selected to join our Beijing offices as entry level staff after they have completed their legal studies. Participation is therefore strongly recommended for those seeking a 2019 job opportunity.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidates should fit the following profile:
- 2019 LLB or LLM candidates from top law schools in China (PRC National only);
- Academic merit (Top 20% students will be given priority) as shown in their LLB or LLM degree;
- Excellent legal drafting skills and proficient in English and Mandarin;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Interests in pursuing career development in an international law firm.
The selection process normally involves a written exercise and two rounds of interviews.
Applications are welcomed throughout the year.