The Hong Kong office of Baker McKenzie is currently accepting applications from law students for our 2021 Summer Clerkship Programme. This programme will give a real insight into what it is like to work at an international law firm and will help you make an informed decision about your future.
We are not just looking for candidates who are academically high achievers. We are looking for candidates who enjoy challenges and are open to new opportunities, who like taking responsibility and getting things done and who have the personality and disposition to become top class lawyers.
- an introduction to our firm and the type of work we undertake, both in Hong Kong and globally;
- a paid internship in two practice groups;
- an extensive programme of seminars, training sessions, and coaching opportunities, and a personally assigned partner and associate mentors;
- a commercial perspective, to complement your legal education;
- plenty of social events and networking opportunities; and
- practical skills to help you further your career.
The Clerkship Programme is the main pathway into securing a training contract with the Firm, as clerks who perform well during the programme will be selected to join our Hong Kong office as trainee solicitors after they have completed their legal studies and their Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (P.C.LL). Participation is therefore mandatory for those seeking a 2023 training contract.
Our 2021 Summer Clerkship Programme will be running in June or July.
To apply, candidates should be penultimate to final year law or final year non-law students, have strong academic results and good research skills, preferably be fluent in Chinese language skills (written and spoken) and be firmly committed to establishing a legal career in Hong Kong.
Please note that we look at applications and schedule interviews on a rolling basis.