To assist on a wide range of reporting, functional and strategic communications projects and tasks to facilitate a first class communications service to the Firm and to help ensure the smooth and efficient running of a busy and productive Communications Services team; and support our highly regarded 30-strong team worldwide as well as having direct liaison with internal 'clients' within the Firm.
- Reporting: help to compile a monthly, quarterly and annual media analysis on Firm coverage, as well as provide media coverage summaries for major campaigns.
- Own and update a central tracker of all of our news stories, categorized by practice and industry group.
- Implement the functional aspects of a communications team: edit press releases and upload them onto our Firm website; produce media lists and briefings, update activity calendars, produce Q&A and messaging materials
- Plan and implement logistics for a wide range of Firm projects and events, including key internal and external campaigns and assist Communications Managers with the production of collateral (eg. messaging, blogs, infographics and video - working with the Firm's Design team, and editorial)
- Assist with the functional aspects of internal communications projects including updating BakerWorld, create internal communications newsletters, BakerX campaigns, managing distribution and associated admin etc.
- Work with the wider BDMC teams and other groups on helping to produce engaging material suitable for internal audiences (eg. films, podcasts, Q&As etc)
- Potentially be a support/point person for at least one Practice or Industry group or Strategy area, working closely with one of the Comms Managers
About the team
The BDMC function works closely with our Partners and leadership teams to:
- Increase our revenue, profitability and share across markets, industries and clients
- Enable us to win, retain and grow business through powerful pitches, engaging thought leadership and strong relationship management
- Lead market & client intelligence efforts to create new service line opportunities in industry and practice groups
- Channel the Baker McKenzie brand, identity and culture through a single communications voice
You will report to
Communications Manager/ Leader in Belfast (exact reporting line TBC)
Your direct reports, if any
- Leader of Communications Services
- Communications Managers
- Global Marketing & Communications Director
- Global BDMC Specialist functions and other End-to-End Services
- Internal Communications Leader
- Internal 'clients' around the Firm
About the candidate
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a related discipline
- Some experience in a communications agency or corporate communications role
- Experience of working in a legal or professional services firm is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Fluency in other supported language such as Mandarin, if required
- Excellent client servicing, stakeholder management and collaboration skills with a 'can do' mentality
- Ability to work calmly and quickly under pressure, prioritizing competing demands accordingly
- Strong teamwork ethic and ability to join the dots across teams and projects
- Demonstrable good judgement
- Excellent relationship builder
- Media savvy and nimble
- Tenacious, resilient and committed
These personal qualities represent the shared characteristics of high performers across Baker McKenzie, regardless of job level and location.
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative and is self reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve outcomes that are mutually satisfactory; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion
About Baker McKenzie
Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organisation, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people -- regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age -- to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.