Ranked “Band 1” for TMT globally by Chambers Global for more than a decade and named “TMT Law Firm of the Year” at the ALB Hong Kong Law Awards 2021, Baker McKenzie's Greater China TMT team offers you with an opportunity to work on pioneer global projects and cutting-edge issues with market-leading clients in technology, media, entertainment and telecommunication industries.
We are looking for junior lawyers with international interests who have diverse backgrounds and experience. We value people with a "client-first" mind set, curiosity with an open mind, strong lawyering skills, excellent communications skills, an appreciation for cultural differences and ability to work effectively and smoothly as team players.
We are looking for recent graduates, newly qualified lawyers or junior associates, who are interested or have experience in the relevant technology, media, telecommunication, data protection and privacy fields.
- You should have experience advising on (if you are a practicing lawyer) or a keen interest (if you are a fresh graduate) in TMT and data protection laws.
- Your primary focuses will include drafting, advising on and/or negotiating:
- TMT transaction. Reviewing and negotiating TMT related agreements such as procurement/outsourcing agreements, software/technology development or licensing agreements, content and format licensing agreements, film/TV financing agreements, content production agreements, sponsorship and marketing collaboration agreements, etc.
- Technology/telecommunication regulatory advice. Advising on and coordinating for regulatory compliance in connection with product launch/market entry requirements, technology import/export regulations, telecommunication licensing regimes, payment/fintech regulatory requirements, content moderation/censorship requirements for long- and short-form content and video games, etc.
- Data protection compliance, advice and transaction. Advising on and drafting data privacy matters, such as privacy policies, international data transfer agreements, data subject access and other data subject requests; data sharing and data processing arrangements, data breach response, privacy-related complaints and investigations, direct marketing and cookies, terms for the acquisition of personal data, etc.
- Technology/IP support for corporate transactions. Supporting IP/technology aspects of corporate transactions, such as conducting IP/technology due diligence, drafting and negotiating interim services agreements, advising on IP/technology considerations in transaction documents, etc.
- Either a qualification in a common law jurisdiction or continuous experience in English drafting/communication
- Fluent in Chinese/English
- Excellent academic credentials
- Strong team spirit
- Attention to detail
- Good communicator both orally and in writing
- Able to demonstrate initiative, pro-activity, commitment and ownership of projects
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
- Based in Beijing/Shanghai
- Great team of mentors with good learning opportunities
- Competitive compensation package with benefits