Baker & McKenzie China is part of a global law firm, which offers a wide range of expertise and legal solutions customized to our international clients' needs. Our China offices advise clients on some of the most significant deals in the Chinese and international markets, such as Bright Food's acquisition of Spanish food group Miquel Alimentacio, Export-Import Bank of China's US$1.55 billion loan facilities for the development of a power plant in Port Qasim in Pakistan, and the US$26 billion merger between CSR and China CNR, the two largest train manufacturers in China.
The quality of our work is reflected in the number of leading Chinese companies, multinationals and financial institutions that seek our advice and the recognition we receive within the legal industry. We won "China Deal of the Year" and "M&A Deal of the Year" at the ALB China Law Awards for our representation of China CNR in its merger with CSR, and were named "Most Responsive International Firm of the Year in China" in Asian-MENA Counsel's Representing Corporate Asia & Middle East Survey 2015. Our Tax, Intellectual Property and Compliance practices have also won major awards.
Baker McKenzie Shanghai is seeking an international associate (2 to 5 years of experience) to participate in the development of our Banking & Finance department
Experience & skills required:
- Successful experience of 3 to 6 years in Banking & Finance in a recognized PRC law firm or international law firm
- Strong technical skills needed to support the client work of the department
- Ability to be a team player and participate actively in the development of the Banking & Finance department
- Highest working standards with strong service orientation - a "client first" culture
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills are required; as well as the ability to demonstrate initiative and pro-activity
- Strong analytical skills and a pragmatic approach
- Qualified to practice in China or other jurisdictions
- LL.B and/or LL.M and/or J.D. degree
- Fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese
- Outstanding academic credentials